Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Warning: The Swine

Back in November, my best friend's Dad's life was taken unexpectedly from the Swine Flu, leaving wife and young family behind. He was diagnosed with the Swine on Tuesday and then passed away the following Wednesday--after spending several days in a medical induced coma and under intensive care. It has been a difficult challenge that still presents consequences in many people's life.

Last night as I was reading my friend's blog, I started sobbing. Hearing her express her emotions and feelings about this difficult time in her life really had an effect on me. It's amazing how through media I was able to feel the sadness and sorrow that she is experiencing. Just from reading a computer screen, it caused my heart to hurt and ache for their family.

The media is often viewed in a negative light, but experiences like this remind me of what a blessing the media is in all of our lives.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you sweet Nicole for your thoughts. Your family has been angels to our family. You all have shown what true love and service and compassion is about. We love you and your family and our love for each of you continues to grow daily.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh wow... poor family.

    i must admit, i like reading nieniedialogues.blogspot.com and stakerzxposed.blogspot.com (thanks, casey!). it really helps me grow seeing other people share and overcome their trials. it's werid though - i feel like through their blogs, we have become best friends. too bad these people don't even know i exist!

    ReplyDelete