Tuesday, February 9, 2010

The BOY In the STRIPED PAJAMAS

My favorite book right now is The Boy In The Striped Pajamas. It is a story told through the point of view of an 8-year old boy about the Germans and the Holocaust. His Dad is a Nazi official and runs a concentration camp in Germany. His family lives just on the other side of the fence from it. The young boy goes out to play in the yard everyday and becomes curious of what is on the other side of the fence. He makes friends with Bruno, who is also a young boy, but a Jew that is held captive in the concentration camp. The two boys are separated physically by a barbed wire fence, but their lives become intertwined. They spend time everyday together and build a strong friendship. Together, they experience a tragic death, which helps readers recall the millions of innocent victims of the Holocaust.

The Boy In The Striped Pajamas is a book that has made me realize the tragedies that took place during the Holocaust. It has caused me to view life in a different light because of how blessed I am. I can’t imagine going through all that those victims did. It is such a sweet story of how innocent and nonjudgmental young children are of everyone. The friendship between these two young boys was true and sincere.

2 comments:

  1. This is such a WONDERFUL book. It made me think about World War II for weeks, and it really infuenced my thinking. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay so I didn't read this book, but I watched the movie and I have to say I was shocked by the end. I had no idea they were gonna die and it kind of stressed me out but I thought it was way good

    ReplyDelete