Monday, March 1, 2010

fear causes love/hate

Right now I have a love/hate relationship with this show..

For our content analysis project, my group decided to code for media violence in the TV series 24. I had to watch the first 4 episodes of Season 1. After watching 4 episodes... i was hooked..

This weekend I watched 3 episodes in a row and it had such an effect on me. One of my greatest fears growing up was being kidnapped. Ever since watching the Elizabeth Smart story on the news, it has created this fear. In this season, Jack's daughter and her friend were kidnapped and Jack spends the remainder of the season trying to get her back. It's crazy how years later, watching this situation on TV brings out those memories and makes my fear seem more "real."

2 comments:

  1. This will now be apart of your life forever. That is a difficult show to code for violence. There is a TON of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am still trying to figure out how it is so addicting. I hate the violence part of it, and if they took it out I wouldn't miss it. But they just leave you hanging so you have to know what happens! I haven't missed an episode of this season (8) and it's terrible that I'm so hooked!

    ReplyDelete