Monday, March 8, 2010

sometimes i wonder how i would be..

Last night I had to watch the movie "I am Sam" for one of my classes and it really made me think about my own life. Watching Sam, as a parent with a mental illness, take care of Lucy was a challenge that he could only pursue because of his strong love for her. Sam was such a good parent and did everything he could to make his daughter happy. The most touching part of the movie was when he agreed to give her up because it will be better for her to have both a Mom and a Dad. Although it was hard for him, he cared enough about her to do what was best for her, instead of what would be the easiest for him. This movie really touched me and made me wonder how I would be in this situation. It definitely would be hard to give up a child like that, but I hope that I would have been like Sam and thought more about the other person than myself.

1 comment:

  1. Your post makes me want to watch this movie again. Dakota Fanning is so perfect for this role and the music is amazing. I hope I would have been like Sam too and thought more about her, but this movie is heart wrenching. What class was it for?

    ReplyDelete