Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Big Al

Reading Judy Seegmiller's book Life With Big Al was a life changing experience for me..
As I finished the book yesterday morning, I was laying in bed just sobbing. It was definitely a heart-wrenching book, but it left such an effect on me. Judy's patience with Craig amazed me and has encouraged me to be more like her in my life. My heart ached for her as she was going through those experiences daily with him.

It has made me think a lot about my own family. My Dad is older than Craig was when he was diagnosed and I can't imagine having that trial in my own life. It is so reassuring to know that if this happened in my family, I know everyone would be willing to help my Mom. I am so grateful for my family and the influence they are on my life :)

No comments:

Post a Comment